Experience 6 - Taggia and the taggiasca olive
The ancient Dominican Convent and the vibrant Medieval town
Duration: 4 hours
Price: Euro 85,00 per person
One of the most historical and cultural hotspots in the Region for centuries. A place of peace and meditation with its cloistered courtyard. It still houses unique artworks and showcases rare religious Ligurian architecture, polyptichs from the mid 15th century, and lots more.
In the hub of the authentic medieval village see the “Pantan”, with its ancient families’ coats of arms and fortified portals, we’ll visit the old, characteristic “Botteghe” that still sell the hand-made products of the Argentina Valley. Canestrelli, borage grissini and other sweet or savoury bakery specialties, made with the local extra-virgin olive oil, are an unexpected surprise.
During the guided tour you will also taste “Taggiasca” olives and the extra virgin olive oil produced in the Argentina Valley.
- Transfer by minivan or car;
- Guided tour of the Medieval village, led by licensed tourist guide;
- Visit of the “Pantan” street and the characteristical “botteghe”;
- Visit of the ancient Dominican Convent;
- PDO Riviera Ligure – Riviera dei Fiori extra-virgin olive oil and Taggiasca olives tasting;
- Languages: Italian, English, and French.